Skip to main content

Studying While Male

When I worked in middle schools, the number of boys on drugs for "ADHD" was amazing. I came to the opinion that the highly feminized system simply could not handle young male energy. It seemed to me a mismatch of organism and environment rather than some kind of real disorder.

I remain skeptical of ADHD.

And, completely out of character, I provide a link to The New York Times which is likewise unconventional and sees the organism/environment disconnect involved.

---

Popular posts from this blog

Dynamic Duos

One of Graham Jackson 's typical pairings of men is the Yellow and the Green men, the men who live with their heads in the clouds and the men who live with their feet on the ground, men of sky and men of earth. Jackson gets most of his examples from art and literature. I see them showing up in less elevated realms. Despite the gay-victim theme in them, I like the Donald Strachey Mysteries largely because Chad Allen plays the title role so well. He and his partner Tim are a good Yellow and Green comrades-in-arms partnership. Tim is the Yellow Man, the idealist, the civilized man of thought and visions, concerned with the Great Issues. He's a senatorial assistant. Don is definitely a Guy, the Green Man, the earthling, practical, dealing in concretes and things-as-they-are. A private eye. Great complementarity. In male-female couples, each partner knows that because of their gender oppositions they are bound to be very different, often in quite predictable ways. A man can sometim...

Men On Strike Against Marriage

The decreasing numbers of men getting married is a natural response to the changes in the institution. The risks are far higher and the rewards far less reliable than they used to be. Men are not afraid of commitment; they're afraid of being ransacked. Check out this piece. And here's a similar take:

Nothing more than feelings...

How men handle their emotions is a standard part of talk about masculinity. This study makes the case that men actual feel more than women do, but do not express emotion as readily Any fan of country music, as I am, could tell you that men certainly have very strong feelings. ---